This first-of-its-kind solution delivers end-to-end single-cell analysis in an intuitive web-based interface
SAN DIEGO, CA – March 2, 2021 – ROSALIND, a leader in extracting meaningful insights from diverse pools of life science data, today announced the commercial launch of its new solution for single cell data analysis. The new analysis module, which enables web-based collaboration and the analysis and interpretation of 10X Genomics-generated single cell data, is built on the company’s proven cloud-based platform that is well-known for its intuitive, fast, and easy-to-use tools for analyzing RNA-Seq, NanoString nCounter, as well as other data types. Formerly known as OnRamp Bio, ROSALIND also unveiled its new corporate brand as part of its presence at the virtual Advances in Genome Biology and Technology (AGBT) conference taking place March 1-3, 2021.
“In recent years, enabled by the broad adoption of powerful new technology platforms, single cell analysis has begun to revolutionize biological understanding and translational applications. However, many researchers are encountering challenges with the computational burdens of basic single-cell analysis and a lack of intuitive bioinformatics tools,” said Jean Lozach, Chief Science Officer at ROSALIND. “The ROSALIND Single Cell module makes it possible for any researcher to analyze and interpret single cell data via a web browser. Democratizing access has the potential to dramatically accelerate discovery and insights from single cell science.”
The ROSALIND platform is a cloud-based SaaS ecosystem accessible via any secure web browser. Its intuitive pipelines for the analysis and interpretation of multi-omic data enable point-and-click discovery in RNA-Seq, Single Cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, and ChIP-Seq, among others. The new ROSALIND Single Cell Solution enables users to easily generate and annotate single cell clusters from FASTQ data files via an intuitive graphical user interface, then perform downstream analysis of cell clusters informed by knowledge bases and comparisons to other data sets. With the proven ROSALIND platform, users benefit from the collaboration capabilities and scalability of an elastic cloud-based computing infrastructure as well as enterprise security and project permissions management.
“ROSALIND has become a must-have platform enabling the last mile of discovery. Today’s researchers require a powerful yet easy-to-use data analysis ecosystem that enables them to focus on scientific discoveries by conveniently scaling cloud computing resources, integrating multi-omic datasets, and facilitating global data sharing and collaboration. With the launch of our new single cell module, we have replicated what we successfully accomplished in bulk RNA-Seq to bring scientists the tools they need to keep pace with the rapidly expanding landscape of single cell science,” said Tim Wesselman, CEO of ROSALIND. “The company was founded to simplify the practice of data interpretation so that any biologist, researcher or drug developer, no matter their level of bioinformatics expertise, could harness the potential of genomic information. ROSALIND was named in honor of Dr. Rosalind Franklin, the pioneering molecular biologist whose passion for science and significant contributions to our understanding of DNA helped pave the way for the revolution in life science research that we are privileged to be part of today. At ROSALIND, we aim to support new breakthrough discoveries and to honor the scientists who make this possible so that we can revolutionize precision medicine together by unifying the analysis of complex datasets and unlocking new frontiers for biomarker discovery and a greater understanding of biology.”
ROSALIND CEO Tim Wesselman will present an overview of the platform and new single cell module at the AGBT conference on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 between 3:00 – 3:15pm ET. More information and event access can be found at https://www.agbt.org/events/general-meeting/. To learn more about the ROSALIND platform, please visit: https://www.rosalind.bio.
Based in San Diego, ROSALIND enables the world’s life science researchers to derive more value from their data and complete projects faster. We believe the potential of biomedical and multi-omic data is maximized when it is accessible, interactive, and shareable. Extracting meaningful insights from pools of data takes a truly interoperable ecosystem that breaks down silos of complex information and sparks collaboration. The ROSALIND platform harnesses the power of scientific collaboration, cloud-computing, and data science, to enable integrated analyses that unify knowledge through an intuitive user interface that is built for any researcher. By connecting high-value datasets with the researchers, knowledge bases, and best-in-class analysis methods that maximize their potential, ROSALIND users are able to discover meaningful insights faster. For more information, please visit https://www.rosalind.bio.
- How Knowledge Graphs Shape the Future of Discovery
- Getting More Out of Single Cell Experiments with ROSALIND
- NanoString and OnRamp BioInformatics Partner to Develop Cloud-Based Analysis Solutions for nCounter Data
- Canopy Biosciences partners with OnRamp Bio to provide ROSALIND interactive data analysis for comprehensive gene expression services
- JOIN THE CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY RESEARCH SPACE to begin exploring and contributing to the global community understanding of COVID-19 data.
- For all Research affected by Social Distancing: Remote Science in the Era of Social Distancing demonstrates how working remotely does not mean that science must stop.
- For Scientists on ROSALIND: Collaborating on Genomic Data is a walkthrough on how to set up real-time collaboration on genomic data (like Google Docs).
- For Directors and Managers: The Value is in Collaboration (not the pipeline) discusses how collaboration is key to empowering research in your lab.
- For every Researcher, Public Data exploration shows how we have made it 100x easier to work with public data than ever before.
- To learn more about our latest capabilities, Empowering Scientists with the ROSALIND Platform is an overview of all analysis types, species and features currently available to the general public on ROSALIND.