A step by step guide for how to export already normalized data from the nSolver RCC Collector Tool in a compatible CSV format for successful upload in ROSALIND
1. After normalizing your data in nSolver, select Normalized Data for your chosen experiment.
2. Highlight all the data using the number in the top left corner of the table, and then click on the Export button.
3. Choose RCC Collector Tool Format Export option and then choose Finish to save the CSV file.
4. Once you have successfully exported and saved the file, navigate to ROSALIND to begin uploading the data for your Project. For your new experiment, choose Partner Recommended Analysis
5. Select Nanostring
6. Select the appropriate Normalized Counts option for your data, either Gene Expression nSolver Normalized Counts or miRNA nSolver Normalized Counts
7. Name your experiment with a title and provide a description. Please note, you will have an option to edit this as needed in the future
8. Upload the normalized file by either clicking and browsing through your files, or by dragging and dropping it into the upload box
What to do when you encounter the error "Wrong Encoding"?
This error occurs when the file uses commas (,) instead of periods (.) as decimal separators for numeric values. The compatible normalized counts matrix is a CSV file that separates columns by commas, so it is necessary to use periods as the symbol for decimal points and only use commas as the delimiter to separate the individual values for each sample.
This issue is more likely to occur outside of the United States due to different default symbols used in various countries. To resolve this, we recommend reconfiguring your nSolver export settings. Set the Locale as "English" and the Delimiter as "Comma". This will ensure that you can re-export the file in the correct compatible format for uploading to ROSALIND.
Once you have highlighted the rows of normalized data and clicked on the export button, a pop-up window may appear where you can configure the export as a one-time event:
If the Export settings pop-up window does not appear automatically, you can also update your default settings by clicking on the 'Configure export' option in the top navigation under Export: