Knowledge Graph architecture unifies information and creates a foundation for FAIR (Findable Accessible Interoperable and Reusable) data management and advanced search capabilities. The impact for research is an exponential expansion and acceleration in extracting insights.
Why are Knowledge Graphs so important for gene expression analysis? Two words: Interpretation and Correlation. Every gene expression analysis seeks to identify thousands of differentially expressed genes. The value is not in basic pipeline processing to identify gene counts, yet this is sadly where many researchers find themselves after paying for sequencing and analysis. True value is unlocked through visualization, interpretation, correlation and collaboration.
Pathway interpretation requires the evaluation of millions of relationships across hundreds of thousands of pathway terms. ROSALIND integrates more than 50+ public knowledge bases with more than 300,000 terms, and evaluates over 100 million relationships with every comparison. As the number of species, knowledge bases, terms and concurrent experiments scale, traditional data models become overloaded and incredibly inefficient, usually dragging out results. The ROSALIND Knowledge Graph evaluates 100 million relationships in less than 2 minutes.
These relationships extend beyond pathway interpretation to the correlation between experiments, signatures and genes. Through the Knowledge Graph, scientists can instantly search for any pathway, disease or drug with an experiment or search for any project, experiment, comparison or filter across their personal Knowledge Graph, including all owned and shared datasets.
Coupled with Intelligent Search, for example, researchers can find all experiments with “KRAS”, and quickly scan the related comparisons, filters, samples and attributes. They can then navigate with a single click to visualize results, or search for any pathway, disease or drug to bring all terms of interest into a single set of search results from any and all knowledge bases.
Team and Enterprise Subscriptions unlock the Institutional Knowledge Graph, empowering authorized scientists to search, explore, and collaborate with the Unified Intelligence of all insights across the organization. To learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Big Picture is key here. It’s the Genomic Mosiac. That’s the value of the ROSALIND Knowledge Graph and we’ve built it into every user account.
To access search capabilities, simply click on the magnifying glass at the top of the ROSALIND application and enter your query to begin exploring.
- NanoString and OnRamp BioInformatics Partner to Develop Cloud-Based Analysis Solutions for nCounter Data
- Canopy Biosciences partners with OnRamp Bio to provide ROSALIND interactive data analysis for comprehensive gene expression services
- JOIN THE CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY RESEARCH SPACE to begin exploring and contributing to the global community understanding of COVID-19 data.
- For all Research affected by Social Distancing: Remote Science in the Era of Social Distancing demonstrates how working remotely does not mean that science must stop.
- For Scientists on ROSALIND: Collaborating on Genomic Data is a walkthrough on how to set up real-time collaboration on genomic data (like Google Docs).
- For Directors and Managers: The Value is in Collaboration (not the pipeline) discusses how collaboration is key to empowering research in your lab.
- For every Researcher, Public Data exploration shows how we have made it 100x easier to work with public data than ever before.
- To learn more about our latest capabilities, Empowering Scientists with the ROSALIND Platform is an overview of all analysis types, species and features currently available to the general public on ROSALIND.